Three vehicle types run on the city railway lines:
- older, green vehicles (TW6000), since 1974
- silver colored vehicles (TW2000), since 1997
- silver-black vehicles (TW3000), since 2015
During conception of the two new vehicle models, special attention has been paid to the accessibility.
Information for passengers with wheelchairs, walking frames, pushchairs:
- Entering with wheelchair, walking frame and pushchair into the TW 2000 and TW 3000 is possible at all tunnel stations and high-level platforms; in case of the TW 6000 it is only possible to a limited extent because the gap between platform and vehicle cannot be passed with all wheelchair types.
- The door area of the TW 2000 and TW 3000 is spacious.
- The TW 6000 vehicles basically dispose of a central bar which divides the door area into a narrow (54cm) and a wide (64cm) area; the wide one is better suited for pushchairs and walking frames.
- In case of most TW 6000 the middle entrance of the 5 doors has no central bar; to recognize by the orange stripe above the door as well as at the front of the vehicle.
- The interior of the TW 2000 and TW 3000 is passable with wheelchairs, walking frames or pushchairs; multifunctional areas with hanging seats can as well be found inside the vehicles.
- Additional buttons for opening the doors as well as for the intercom are placed at seat height in the TW3000.
- Certain seats in proximity of the door are marked as „Seats for severely handicapped persons“ (all city railway vehicles); individual seats in the TW 2000 are equipped with armrests, to make getting up considerably easier.
Information for visually impaired and blind passengers:
- A low tone at the door makes it easy to find the doors in the TW 3000.
- A clear perceptibility of the handrails is ensured by the orange color (TW 3000).
- The name of the next stop is announced (in all city railway vehicles).
- If the doors open on the left side instead of the right side, it will be announced (in all city railway vehicles).
Information for hearing-impaired passengers:
- Screens inside the TW 2000 and TW 3000 display the route and transfer connections.
- Displays show the next stop and the final station of the line (in all city railway vehicles).