Data privacy protection
Data privacy protection
Data privacy statement
We understand that it is important for you to protect your privacy when using our online services. We take the protection of your personal data very seriously and we have therefore taken the necessary technical and organizational measures to ensure full compliance with the legal regulations on data protection.
This privacy statement explains how the ÜSTRA Hannoversche Verkehrsbetriebe AG handles the personal data of people who use our online sites (website and social media profiles of ÜSTRA):
I. Use of online services
2. If you provide your personal data (such as name, address or email address) via our website, by email or via other communication channels (e.g. blog entries, postings on Twitter or Facebook etc.), you always do so voluntarily.
When you transmit your personal data in this way, you consent to the recording, processing and use of your data for the purpose that is recognisably associated with the entry of your data. You can withdraw this consent for the future at any time, either in writing to the ÜSTRA Hannoversche Verkehrsbetriebe AG, Am Hohen Ufer 6, 30159 Hannover or by e-mail email@example.com.
We record, process and use your personal data solely for the purpose of handling your enquiry (e.g. disturbances, dispatch of information material, ordering of our newsletter etc.) or for your comments on our services and always in compliance with the applicable data protection regulations.
3. All personal data is treated in strict confidence and only accessible to authorised personnel of ÜSTRA. Moreover, this data is not passed on to third parties without your explicit consent, unless we are obliged to do so by law or as the result of a court ruling. The ÜSTRA does not transmit your personal data to countries outside the European Union or the European Economic Area.
4. As soon as the purpose for which we record and store your personal data is no longer present, we will delete this data without delay, provided that no justified reasons exist for retaining this data based on the applicable legal regulations.
5. We would also like to draw your attention to the fact that there are inherent security risks in transmitting data via the Internet (e.g. communication via email), with the result that data may be accessed or falsified by third parties.
6. The use of the contact data published on our website or other Internet sites to send advertising, information material, chain letters, spam and similar content that has not been explicitly requested is prohibited. We expressly reserve the right to take legal steps in the event of the unsolicited sending of advertising information such as spam mails.
1. To ensure that you enjoy fast browsing and therefore convenient utilisation of our website, we use so-called "session cookies" on our pages, small text tiles that are stored on the computer of the user and (depending on the setting in your browser program) deleted automatically when you leave our webpage and close your browser. You can of course set your browser to reject these cookies ("do not accept any cookies"), but in this event it may be the case that some functions of our website are no longer available or are only available to a limited degree.
2. In addition, cookies are also used by the Web analysis tool Piwik for the purpose of statistical evaluation of our website. Please read the "Privacy statement for the use of Piwik“ (section IV) below for more information on the type and scope of these cookies.
III. Data transmission/ data logging
1. We can track information about the utilisation of our web pages. When you open our website the web server of our host provider („log files“) saves the following data:
• the page from which our website was accessed ("referrer"),
• the content viewed,
• the date and time of the server query (access),
• the volume of data transferred,
• the access status (file transferred, file not found, etc.),
• a description of the browser used / identification data of the browser and operating system type,
• the IP address of the inquiring computer.
These dates cannot be assigned to certain people. This data is collected for technical and statistical purposes.
IV. Privacy statement for the use of Piwik
1. This website uses Piwik, an Open-Source software for statistical analyses of visitor accesses, which provides us with an analysis of visitor behaviour and enables us to optimise our website. Piwik uses so-called “cookies” (text files stored on your computer) to enable the website to analyse how you use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website, like especially the pages you visited, the type of browser you are using, the operating system of your computer, the referrer URL (the last visited website) as well as an anonymous (shortened) part of your IP address, is generally transmitted to a server and stored for usage analysis purposes. During this process, your IP address will be anonymised promptly, i.e. after the processing and before storage, which means that you as the user remain anonymous to us. This prevents page impressions being correlated with identifiable individuals. In addition, the data about your use of our website created via the cookie is not transmitted to other servers or forwarded to any third parties.
2. You can also prevent the storage of cookies for this purpose by a respective setting in your browser; but be advised that in this case you may not be able to use the functions of our website to their full extent.
3. In addition, you can contradict the saving and use of your personal data at any time. If you do not consent with the collection and analysation of your data, you can object with one simple mouse click. In this case your browser will store a so-called "opt out cookie" that makes sure that no further data about your visit is collected by Piwik. Warning: If you delete your cookies, the consequence is that the opt out cookie will be deleted as well and needs to be set again, if you want to prevent data acquisition by Piwik.
You can decide here whether an unique web analysis cookie may be saved in your browser in order to enable the operator of the website to collect and analyze different statistical data.
If you don't want to you can click on the following link for placing the Piwik deactivation cookie in your browser.
V. Privacy statement for the use of „Twitter“
1. Functions of the social network "Twitter" are integrated in our website. These functions are offered by Twitter Inc., Twitter, Inc. 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA. When you use "Twitter" and the "Re-Tweet" function, the web pages you visit are linked to your "Twitter" account and made known to other users. Some data is also transmitted to "Twitter".
2. We would like to point out that we as providers of the pages do not receive any information on the content of the transmitted data and its use by "Twitter". For more information, please refer to the privacy statement of "Twitter" at twitter.com/privacy.
3. You can change your data protection settings on "Twitter" in the account settings at twitter.com/account/settings.
Please note that in this case the „YouTube“ videos integrated on our page are possibly no longer visible or are only visible to a limited extent.
VI. Privacy statement for the use of „YouTube“
1. We use Youtube LLC in 901 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066, USA („YouTube“) what belongs to Google Inc. to integrate videos on our website. We would like to inform you about the processing of personal data by „YouTube“.
3. Furthermore, we use „YouTube“ plug-ins on our websites. When you invoke a page our website which contains such a plug-in, your browser connects directly with the servers of „YouTube“. The YouTube server will automatically receive the information, which websites you have visited and possibly you're linked with your „YouTube“ account, provided you have one and you are logged in during your visit.
If you are logged in with your „YouTube“ account, you would allow „YouTube“ to assign your surfing habits to your personal profile. You can prevent an assignment by exiting from your account.
In this event it may be the case that some functions of our website are no longer available or are only available to a limited degree.
For all further information please refer to the privacy statement of „YouTube“: www.youtube.com/t/privacy_at_youtube .
VII. External links
On our website we use links to external sites, whose content cannot be found on our server. The external contents were controlled when the links were set. Nonetheless, it cannot be excluded that the contents of the respective providers were modified afterwards. If you notice that the external provider's content infringes the applicable law, please let us know.
2. After you have registered for the service pursuant to paragraph 1, you will receive an e-mail in return from us, containing a link that you must use to confirm your registration. Only after you confirmed your registration by clicking on the indicated link provided in the verification e-mail, your registration is effective (so-called double-opt-in process). From that moment your personal data is stored, processed and used for the purpose of distributing the Newsletter under this sec. X.
3. Please note that ÜSTRA is able to pursue and evaluate the success of the sent email newsletter by interpretation of the following data:
• information which emails were opened by the recipient
• location of opening email based on the IP address
• used email client while opening the email
• information which links were clicked in an opened newsletter by the recipient
4. An anonymisation of the data does not take place. This data is rather assigned to the email address of the recipient, so that a user profile of the email recipient can be generated. This user profile be used exclusively by the ÜSTRA to create personalized emails and to adjust the services to their (potential) clients' needs. Other purposes are not intended. If you do not agree with these, please do not register for the newsletter.
5. You may unsubscribe from this newsletter at any time. You can object to having your e-mail address used in this way without incurring any costs other than the basic costs of transmission. The simplest way to do this is by clicking on „unsubscribe“ on the ÜSTRA website or you can also send your objection directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. With cancelling the subscription to the newsletter, all personal data, arising out of or in connection with your registration for the email newsletter, is deleted immediately.
6. With the sending and evaluation of the email newsletter according to section X the ÜSTRA has entrusted the CleverReach GmbH & Co. KG, Mühlenstraße 43, 26180 Rastede including a contract concerning data processing according to § 11 BDSG.
IX. Your rights: information, correction, blocking, deletion
You have the right to receive information in written or electronic form about the personal data stored with respect to your person at any time upon request. You are further entitled to have any incorrect personal data corrected and to have your personal data blocked or deleted. Requests for information as well as requests for the correction, blocking or deletion of personal data must be sent to ÜSTRA Hannoversche Verkehrsbetriebe AG, Am Hohen Ufer 6, 30159 Hannover or by email to email@example.com.